An American privately held corporation that specializes in mathematical computing software. Its major products include MATLAB and Simulink, which support data analysis and simulation
As a Training Engineer you prepare and deliver product training courses for MATLAB and Simulink to customers who work in a variety of engineering and scientific applications. Training courses may be off-the shelf offerings or may require some customization to address customer educational, industry and application requirements. You will deliver trainings mostly in Japan, but you might have an opportunity to deliver trainings throughout Asia in English. Also, you may have many opportunities to work with the other engineers in WW offices.
- Delivering training courses using an approach that provides value to the course delegates and which allows delegates to understand and make use of the full capabilities of the products.
- Working with customers to gather requirements for customized training courses and to prepare the training material, as far as possible using existing course material.
- Reviewing new training course material and providing feedback to the developer of that course via training delivery by communicating with the global team members.
- Developing training material including presentation slides, programs, application examples, and simulation models. This material must demonstrate best practice in the use of products as well as highlighting important features and capabilities
- Accountability for quality of work, timing and level of effort including the submission of trip or training report.”
- A bachelor’s degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master’s degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Working experience of the programming language such as C, Java and C++ is big plus.
- Industry experience using MATLAB/Simulink (or similar products) is big plus
- The knowledge of MBD work-flow for the specific applications
- Formal presentation or training delivery experience is big plus
- Passion for the education (Teaching & Facilitation)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in Japanese
- Business level English communication skills in speaking and in writing (TOEIC 650 or equivalent)